Monday, February 25, 2013

Feb. 18-25, 2013: scissor lift, glow plugs and an ignition actuator

This past week was great! I finally got my new 12v glow plugs for my truck and my new ignition actuator so I can use the key again. I got to test my new glow plugs and they worked just as i thought they would. You can see in my photos the progression of the brightness. I learned my lesson between 6v and 12v glow plugs before so i am glad i got the right ones. I also installed my new ignition actuator. You can see it in my last photo. I learned how to breakdown my steering column in about 10 minutes when I was done. Very cool to see how everything works. At work this past week, I got to take a look at a scissor lift someone else was working on. The biggest I have seen before. Very intresting to learn about the ECM and the hydraulic filter pressure gauge, electronic fuel flow sensor and the dual electrical system ( alternator and generator) for 12 and 120v. Great learning this past week!

Hours: 35
Hours to date: 260



















2 comments:

  1. A little further from the battery next time please...

    What was the filter restricted with? Did you cut it open?

    Great to talk with you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in case of igniting the hydrogen gasses off of the battery? I wasn't sure what the deal was with the filter it is a customer unit and we were doing some other repair to it.

    ReplyDelete