Monday, February 11, 2013

Feb 4-11, 2013: Hydraulic motors and new equipment

This week I learned more about hydraulic motors while watching Jesse piece back together a blown apart hydraulic drive motor. After finishing it all he had to run a pressure test to make sure the end cap was within specifications, really cool to watch him charge it up and watch the end cap move. We also got some new equipment at birch. I got to study a new tracked skid steer and take a look at a new dl11 reach forklift. All the new engine systems and electronics made me smile due to the fact of the amount of higher learning and knowledge it will take to fix them. My future! I also was checking out the tier 4 engine in the forklift. It had what seemed to be a pretty large egr sitting in front of the engine with an oxygen sensor. So cool to see the future of off road diesel's!

Hours: 15
Hours to date: 200







2 comments: