Monday, February 4, 2013

Jan 28- Feb 3, 2013: The Diesel Beast repair!

This week my truck finally stopped wanting to start. It had been having an issue with the starter and the flex plate. The flex plate was wearing out and ruining starters. On thursday, I started the task of replacing both the flex plate and starter. I ended up learning about how my truck has a flex plate and another plate that is almost as thick as a flywheel and has the ring gear on it. After some research I learned that it was an external balancing plate that also doubled as a sturdy plate to take the torque of the starter. Very interesting . I also had trouble with putting both plates on with ought them falling off so I made two studs out of two bolts and it worked. I learned a lot about this repair and I can't wait for what is next on the diesel beast!

Hours: 35
Hours to date: 185























1 comment:

  1. Looks like the "new" on has great looking teeth.

    If you still have the old one could you bring it in...we'll demo how to change the ring gear.

    Good to see you today.

    ReplyDelete