Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week of July 8, 2013: injector work, batteries an electric boats

This past week I got more experience with injector work when I was doing an injector overhaul on a 2 cylinder yanmar on a sailboat. This sailboat is a rental and was having issues starting and would have excessive black smoke through operation. I took the injectors out and went to test them on the pop tester and found the tester to be inoperable. I had no other option but to put them back in for a rent. I learned about automatic watering system for 6 volt battery banks. It works like a separate valve on each cell and you basically pump water to a common inlet and each cell fills up and automatically closes. I also learned about how our electric boats work. Our large 21 foot boat has a basic golf cart motor that runs a belt that turns a drive shaft for the prop. Very simple and easy to work on.

Hours: 40
Hours to date: 178









No comments:

Post a Comment