Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week of July 22, 2013: bow thruster and a serious fuel polish

This past week I removed a prop for a bow thruster. I had been told that the customer was moving his boat and sucked up a line in his bow thruster. He had to take the boat out for other reasons, but while it was out I removed the prop and found the splines to be worn out and found that the gearbox didn't seem right. I had my manager verify the gearbox and found that it needed to be replaced too. I also performed I huge tank clean out job. The customer came to the harbor barely due to clogged filters and lots of water. To make a long story short. I had to pump out both his 120 gallon tanks and get the approximate 4 gallons of water out of both tanks and the at least 5-8 pounds of dirt and rust out. I performed a fuel filter change and am waiting to prime the system and get everything started back up again. Another good, solid week!

Hours 56
Hours to date 282















1 comment:

  1. NASTY Fuel! Yuck!

    I'll want to have a look at that polisher.

    Are you going to be around Thursday? I may make the trip over.

    email me

    ReplyDelete