Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nov. 18- 25, 2012: backhoes and hydraulic hoses

This past week was thanksgiving. I was able to get some work done before I went on break. I learned more about backhoes, Z60's hydraulic routing and propane regulators. I started with a checkin on a john deere backhoe. Nothin stood out in terms of problems, but it did give me a good refresher on going through them because I hadn't had the chance to check one in awhile. The next was a case 580. This unit needed some parts and small repair, but in the end turned out that I learned how the backhoes joystick system works. It had a bad gas shock that was supposed to keep the joysticks where you wanted. The Z60 had a bad hydraulic hose and when I went to take the cover off and replace it it had more hoses that needed replacing. As you can see in my pictures I also learned about how propane regulators work, backhoe hydraulic routing, bad PCV hose and air intake. Another good week!

Hours: 30
Hours to date: 419

2 comments: