Sunday, December 2, 2012

Nov. 26 - 30, 2012 : Expo, Flaring, Electical diagnostics

This past week has been definitely something to remember. On Tuesday, I got to go to the Pacific Marine Expo in Seattle. My dad, Sven, also came to join as you can see in one of the photos. It was really eye opening to understand all the new technology in marine diesel. I got to check out some very large engines. It's hard to see in my photo, but it is a flake ice maker for a boat. I got to understand how it works and why the fisherman like flake ice instead of cubes. I also did an assignment with the Cummins ISX. I got to learn more about scanning with a computer. I adjusted the valves and the injector on one of the cylinders. To wrap it up I got to learn how to double flare a brake line. In my photo is one of the lines that I flared.

Hours: 40
Hours to date. 459

1 comment: