Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nov. 12- 16, 2012: The light board and learning new machines!

This past week I learned not only a lot, but of many new skills. I completed the truck and trailer board at school. I had pictures of it, but unfortunately I misplaced my phone that had the pictures. The task was to completely light up all of the lights so you could operate the board just like a truck. I had made some few mistakes, but after those mistakes  I was able to learn from them and complete the board. I was actually surprised how fast I did it in. One of those mistakes was hooking up to the turn signal switch. It was amazing to figure out that almost all the lights are ran through the turn signal switch. I also how some brands use relays to work the headlights and they are controlled on the ground side. Very interesting. You can see in the pictures that I worked on a Z60 at work this week. I am still marveled at how large this machine is and how all the components are run off of the hydraulic pump. Very cool week and I can't wait to get back to work!

Hours: 45
Hours to date: 389





1 comment: