Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 10-13, 2012: Another week of of great learning and training.

This past week has been a huge transition from me learning how to check in some smaller equipment to the bigger, more complicated and more interesting equipment. Everyday I keep learning more and more about hydraulics and everything about it amazes me. Even the fact of the dump trailer. The idea of having something as simple as an electric motor powering an entire trailer with a load in the air really intrigues me. I have also learned to think on my feet more. This dump trailer had a broken latch on it that we didn't have the part for but on another piece of equipment had the same design of latch an turns out it worked great as a replacement. I have started checking in small excavators and found great engineers ideas like a build in oil filter drip pan shown in one of my photos. All in all this week has been another tremendous learning experience!

40 hrs
Total so far for summer quarter: 192hrs

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post Quinn. I am demoing this to 22 other instructors in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Wow that made my day. Feels good to be a great example!

    ReplyDelete