Monday, April 15, 2013

SPQ13: Week of April 8, Quinn

This week I have learning a ton on how alternators work. Just today I had a JCB forklift at work that had a dead battery and after jumping it it had no charging voltage. You can see in my photo some of the specific tests they say to do to diagnosis what is wrong. I can safely say that I have wrapped my head around how an alternator works and what can go wrong. I got some more experience with mechanical injectors from colt's engine he is rebuilding. I got to tinker around with them and get one of them to perform well ( pop pressure, spray and no dribbles), the other however not so much. So we ended up ordering new nozzles for both. Learning how a mechanical injector works by taking one apart is helping me to understand these new fuel systems a lot more.

Hours: 40
Hours to date: 83





1 comment: