Tuesday, April 30, 2013

SPQ13: Week of April 22, 2013. Welding and Ford suspension

This week I had the opportunity to expand on my practice of welding. As you can see in my photos, I learned how to weld a good bead. I do however need to learn to better setup a welder so as I can get less material on the weld. I also need to learn how to "pool" my weld better so I get more coverage. I also completed what they call the " ford hanger swap" on my truck. I used a torch and cut the stock rivets off and flipped the stock leaf spring hanger so I get an instant 3" lift. Really cool to see it all come together. I included a new app that was discovered in class. It is the parker fitting finder. You simple give it all the measurements and it shows you your fitting. Its a great tool to become familiar with. Overall a lot of new skills learned this week!

Hours: 40
Hours to date: 163











1 comment:

  1. Get with me and I'll show you how to cut those rivets without gouging the parent metal.

    ReplyDelete