Monday, March 25, 2013

March 18-25, 2013: the oil cooler

This past weekend I accomplished rebuilding my engine oil cooler on my truck. It took me roughly 16 hours, but I did it. As you can see in the photos, I took it out, resealed it and put it back in. Unfortunately, I am still using a lot of engine oil and oil is still showing up in the radiator. I didn't have the time when the cooler was out to pressure test it ( or the correct tooling), but I am quite confident with my job of resealing it. I have deduced that my problem still is either a bad cooler itself or I have a unique head gasket leak that is not affecting anything but, oil in the coolant. I hope to further test this engine soon because as of now I am consuming a lot of oil and flushing my coolant system daily. I learned a lot about how these coolers work through online research and from taking it apart. Furthermore, I have come that much closer to figuring out everything that is going on when I drive away in this truck.

Hours: 25
Hours to date: 355



















No comments:

Post a Comment