Monday, January 7, 2013

January 3, 2013: light plants galore!

Thursday was my only day at work because I just got back from break, but I did get to learn some troubleshooting on a light tower. This unit was ran out of fuel and wouldn't turn over. After much thinking about why it isn't turning over I ended up wiggling the trigger wire for the starter solenoid and it turned over and fired up. I believe that there was some corrosion or a bad connection. This unit tested my ability to perform an electrical diagnostics on the starter circuit. It felt good to know that I learned this in school and I used it!

Hours: 4
Hours to date: 84

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you repaired that bad connection, right?

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete