Monday, January 21, 2013

Jan. 14-20, 2013: Flex plate, Excavators, Breakers,


This past week I got to work on some units that needed repairs. I had a john deere mini excavator that had some customer damage that entailed a dented hydraulic tank, guard and hood. I ended up just ordering the guard and hood due to the dent in the hydraulic tank wasn’t structural. I also worked on a skid steer with a bobcat breaker on it. The breaker ended up having a hose that was damaged due to it not having hose wrap. I learned and had more practice making hydraulic hoses. It also had a quick disconnect fitting that went bad and leaked during operations, so I had to replace that too. I also worked on my truck this week. I was in the process of getting a used good flex plate off of a donor engine. I learned that I had a problem after hearing the engine not turn over and the starter would. I need to replace the one on my truck badly soon due to how the starter is wearing down the sides of the teeth. 

Hours: 25
Hours to date: 125

1 comment: