Thursday, August 22, 2013

Week of July 29, 2013: heat exchangers and windlass's

This past week I have been doing a couple of diagnosing overheats and a couple windlass motor diagnosing. When I have the task of diagnosing a overheat I check the sea strainer, thru hole valve of course, impeller, heat exchanger and  water flow out the exhaust. This boat however had a compromised heat exchanger and was leaking antifreeze out the exhaust so it was necessary to pressure test the heat exchanger. I learned how to test them installed in the boat. I have had a couple windlass motor issues this week too. The first was a slipping motor. The issue was when the customer was pulling up his anchor when he got to the rode the windlass would slip. I determined that the customer was running to small of rode and wore out the two halves of the windlass.

Hours 50
Hours to date 332

No comments:

Post a Comment