Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 1-5, 2012: the "O" scope and high resistance connections

This week I learned how to use an oscilloscope. It is designed to observe constantly varying signal voltages. The idea behind it is to understand how an electric motor is working by studying how it's components are working together. I also learned more about diagnosing bad connections. I was doing a load bank test on a welder and as soon as I finished I removed the leads from the welder and one of them was very hot. Turns out as you can see in the picture it was a bad connection and it was altering my readings.

34 hours
Total to date: 124 hours

2 comments:

  1. That certainly DOES look like a bad connection...(; Did you cut it back and repair it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got put on something else. I was just amazed to find the handle that covers it so hot and fine that. I will have to follow up on that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete