Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sept 17-21, 2012: First day back to school and a big generator

This week I learned more about relays and solenoids. I took apart two of them that I had had issues with and it turns out the contacts were worn out. I learned why we use relays instead of switch because the relay is the wear point and it saves critical switches from high current. I also learned the difference between relays and solenoids and how we use them in the industry. I also took some pictures of someone doing an engine service on a 372 KW generator. Pretty big oil filter!
Here is also how a dc motor works. This can be made to demonstrate how simple it is : http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=TL8kUd7ZKsA

45 hrs
Total to date for new quarter: 45 hrs

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good shot of that relay and contacts Quinn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really helps for my search and amazingly it was on my searching criteria.

    diesel generator hire & used generator sales

    ReplyDelete